CDOs

News

CLO Risk Retention Deadline Rush Gaining Full Steam

A whopping 15 U.S. CLO deals priced in the first week of December, pushing issuance levels above 2015 activity as managers push to complete collateralized loan transactions before the onset of risk-retention requirements.

In Support of CLO Risk Retention, If Not the Rule Itself

While requiring managers to hold 5% of the risk in their deals may be “overkill,” John Thacker of Crestline Denali Capital, sees merit in aligning the firm's interest with those of its clients.

MidCap Financial Readies $252M Life Sciences CLO

The transaction, ELM 201601, is backed by 35 loans; the majority, 85.3% are to life sciences companies; the remaining 14.7% are to real estate companies, according to Kroll Bond Rating Agency,

Mnuchin Pick for Treasury May Signal Moderate Approach to Reform

Much like President-elect Donald Trump himself, expected Treasury Secretary-designate Steven Mnuchin represents something of a question mark for the financial services industry when it comes to his agenda

Another Seven US CLOs Priced Week of November 14

Deals from MJX, Voya, Arrowpoint and Palmer Square pushed November volume to $13.1 billion via 29 transactions (including refinancings and resets) according to JPMorgan. Credit Suisse priced the lone European deal.

More

ASR People Database

Exclusive data on top players in capital markets

John Frishkopf

Treasurer, Head of Asset Management

Firm: NewStar Financial

Search the People Database

Current Issue

What’s So Unusual about Sprint’s Airwaves Securitization … and Why No One Else is Likely to Follow Suit

The wireless carrier, though only rated single-B, has more leeway from existing investors to enter into a transaction like this than even some investment-grade companies, according to Covenant Review.

Current Issue